Our Foray into Styling the Foyer
The foyer or entryway to your home serves as a perfect introduction to the type of person you are... cluttered and disorganized, or minimal and clean, it lends precedence to what the rest of your house is going to look like (most likely.) As they say, first impressions are everything - right?
Not all of us have a distinct foyer per say, but we can create the illusion of having one (even if it is just an extension of our living room.) All we really need is a place to rest our keys upon arrival to save us some stress and anxiety later on when we REALLY need to be somewhere important and can't find those damn keys. We've picked out a few things we want for our foyer, and of course, some inspiration from Pinterest. Also sorry... couldn't resist with that title.
1. Willy Van der Meeren for Tubax Writing Desk or Side Table with Wire Legs. Very elegant industrial design in the shaping of the tubular enameled metal legs.
2. Giancarlo Piretti for Castelli Three Seater Bench with Cast Aluminum Legs. A classic painted plywood seat design from Castelli but in bench form (how cool). I could see this in my entryway or hallway - it's playful but also with a minimal palette.
3. Cees Braakman and A. Dekker Wire Vanity Stool for Pastoe. I suppose not the most comfortable chair for sitting, but also why would you be sitting in your foyer all day. Plus it's gorgeous.
4. Raak Saturnus Chandelier. This would be the epitome of statement pieces if hung in your entryway, just think about it...
5. Krijn Hamelink "Cadiz" Side Chair. Simple and minimal with clean lines! A good alternative to heavier pieces and would work better with smaller spaces.
6. Artimeta Soest Perforated Mirror and Lamp in Orange. A good mirror is always crucial for a last check out the door to make sure everything is in order.
7. Mid-Century Small Teak Cabinet. Just small enough to place near a door but large enough to be noticeable - also a great piece to hang a mirror above (such as the Artimeta Soest mirror, #6)
Check out our Pinterest inspiration board for this post! Plus more picks